Monday, August 10, 2015

Disney for Cheapskates #4 - Gimme Monster


My child is probably just like every other child in the world. They want STUFF. Sometimes it is just for the sake of getting STUFF and nothing more. I don’t know how many times she has begged and pleaded for something she absolutely “loves” just to get it home and never touch it again. Granted if my child ever dared to utter the words “Gimme” there would be a totally different situation happening. She knows better than that mess!!  Mama don’t play that.

Now onto Disney and beating that Gimme Monster back into the deep recesses of her little 8 year old subconscious. Disney pays a lot of people a lot of money to market their products. They are really, really good at it. Like…really good at it.  I am almost more worried about MY impulse buys than T’s need for stuff.

My plan…buy little Disney trinkets BEFORE we go on vacation and leave them in the room before we leave for the day. When we get back to the room T will have a Disney surprise waiting on her!!!  

Just the few things I have bought so far:

Rapunzel dress for her birthday day. $20 at Costco. For the complete outfit at Bippidy Boppidy Boutique it is another $100!! Nope. Not going down like that. Sure she would get shoes and stuff but it isn’t like she can walk all around Disney World that day in some little uncomfortable slipper things so what is the point?!?  Only downfall…Lula wanted it SOOOO bad until she tried it on and found it to be too itchy. I threw a tank top on her and told her to suck it up and all she had to do was where it for the salon and the character breakfast and then she could change and never wear it again. Why did I do this? Why am I so mean? Because after 9 years I know her little butt and I definitely know me. We would get there, she would see all the other girls in their absolutely adorable costumes and feel left out. Then my mommy guilt would kick in because it is her birthday and I want her to feel special blah blah blah and there goes $100. Not on my watch Mr. Disney!!!

Our Rapunzel dress:




Disney’s Repunzel dress:




                                                                               

My other purchase was this adorable necklace!! And it is pretty big and opens up so I might find a little treat to go inside of it too. How much?? A break the bank amount at $1.27!! Have I mentioned that I love shopping from China? Sure I know I should shop local but this thing was roughly $10-15 if I bought it from a US based ebayer. Sorry. I have all the time in the world to wait for it to go through customs. What I do not have is money to pay THAT much more for the same product.


Other things I am scoping out is a cheap Disney notebook for autographs. The cheapest one at Disney is about $8 . I am going to hit up a Dollar Tree and find a little notebook that will work just fine!

I know that all this might keep the Gimme beast at bay but eventually he is going to poke through and want something from the park. For this T will have her very own Disney gift card (value not determined yet) so she can buy whatever she wants. Once that is used up that is it. No more purchases. I am thinking $50 should be plenty but that sounds like a lot too so I’m still thinking.
The total savings for stuff I plan on buying is a total estimate. I figure for every $1 I spend before our trip I am saving at the very least $5! Except for the dress...I know I am saving $100 on that thing. lol And I am guessing I will spend about $50 on these little gifts.



TOTAL SPENT: $1143.50

TOTAL SAVED: $2467.06

No comments:

Post a Comment