Thursday, August 6, 2015

Disney for Cheapskates #3 - HOTEL

So how did I manage to get a High end Disney Resort for 5 nights for only $119.60 more than the Value resort price??

Ok, there is this thing called DVC. Or Disney Vacation Rentals. Basically Disney World timeshares. People buy packages for X amount of points to be used towards their hotel during trips. Just like normal timeshares sometimes the owners can’t make a trip that year or just need a little extra cash so they sell the points that they have. This is a 100% legit and reasonably priced scenario.

Most of the time there is a set price ranging from $9-16 per point and there are lists of how many points it takes per night to stay at the different resorts. Usually the lower ones being already booked rooms for certain dates or from individuals. 

I chose to pay the higher price and go through a broker because there are risks!! Scary, poor people don’t have time for that , risks.

The reservation is in your name. You get all the reservation information and can log into the Disney website etc etc etc. BUT…the reservation is still under control of the OWNER. They can cancel it, stop making timeshare payments or just whatever and you can lose your money and your hotel room.  By going through a broker I might still be at risk of getting there and having no reservation BUT the broker guarantees my money and I will be refunded in full. If I booked through an individual it would be just me and Joe Blow battling it out over my money. And I would hate to have to track someone down and take it out of their butt if there happened to be an issue.

It is just safer for all parties if I don’t run the risk of losing a hotel and my money!!

I decided to go through  http://dvcrentalstore.com/ to book ours because they allow a ½ of cost deposit with payment due in full 45 days before the trip.

We will be staying at the awesome Animal Kingdom Lodge !! Check it out! It is awesome!! Lol

We would have paid $881.40 on the value resort. We are paying $1001.00 for the Deluxe Villa. Normally this room for our dates would have cost us $ 2784.40!!!


Since we could have got it cheaper I am figuring that our savings between the regular cost and the DVC cost minus the $100+ over the value resort cost will be my savings. J PS- you can only use the DVC points at the higher end resorts so it won’t work if you wanted to stay at the value one. 





TOTAL SPENT: $1073.50

TOTAL SAVED: $2187.06

2 comments:

  1. you can fix food there also so save on food cost.
    did you mean the deluxe studio or standard villa?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is called Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Kidani Village
    Standard View Deluxe Studio Villa per the reservation. Not sure why they make it so long and drawn out. lol

    ReplyDelete