Thursday, December 20, 2012

What a week...

It all started Friday. We have all heard about it. The innocent lives lost Sandy Hook Elementary School. It hit me hard when it came out. My daughter is in Kindergarten. It is an unthinkable action...and we were forced to think of it.

I left work and picked my daughter up and hugged her as much as possible.

I did not go running the next morning. I did sign up- just didn't go.

I will be doing a 5k Virtual race with proceeds going to the Sandy Hook victims.

http://www.active.com/half-marathon/tampa-fl/sandy-hook-elementary-memorial-virtual-half-marathon-and-5k-2013

I still cry nearly every day over this tragedy.




Sadly, I had to let my daughter go back to school Monday. It was hard to say the least. However, she wasn't there for long. I had to go pick her up from school sick. I was more than happy to do it!! She stayed with Grandma the next two days and went back today.

And now..here it is Thursday. Doesn't seem like it has been a week since it happened. I am sick now, pushing through and still praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment