Thursday, December 6, 2012

Turkey Trot Update (Finally!)

I know..it has been FOREVER!! I have been slacking on everything including running. But here it goes.

Turkey Trot 2012!!

First, I managed to get lost. Spragins Ave. is totally different from Spragins St. and my smart phone is too stupid to navigate to the one I needed. Thankfully I was not the only one relying on GPS and me and my little group finally navigated to the correct location.

Second, I had quit my job the day before the race and totally forgot to pick up my race packet. So running late because of getting lost and now rushing to get over to where they were handing them out.

Finally the whistle blows!

I decided to take a very slow pace and jog as long as I could. I am happy to say that I jogged almost the entire first mile!! I know...I really have to work on my stamina but in my defense it had been about 3 weeks since I had run. :(

Running a race without a buddy is really weird for me. I don't like it at all. I did, towards the end, keep pace with some guys and chatted from time to time with them.

The loop was also weird. You got to see all the really awesome runners come flying past you about to finish and then you have the anxiety of "what if I don't pass anyone when I make the loop?" aka - what if no one is slower then me? I did (thankfully) manage to go faster then a few people.

End of the race was uneventful. Done in 41.54 minutes.  I did it. I felt great! Where the hell is my beer?! Yeah..no beer. I guess drinking at 9 in the morning is looked down upon. And no bling. I knew that they weren't handing out bling prior to the race but I still missed it. I decided to keep my Bib though. I got my stuff I had left at the starting line and went home to get my grub on. Oh...and I stopped and got a beer on the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment